Uma meets Sonia on Ganga river issue

Uma Bharati said,"Four months ago, I was disturbed to see the state of Ganga river,I had written a letter to the Prime Minister and Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh. My demand is that Ganga should be declared a national river," "Four months ago, I was disturbed to see the state of Ganga river. I had then written a letter to the Prime Minister and Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh. My demand is that Ganga should be declared a national river," Uma Bharti while addressing to the reporters after her brief meeting with Gandhi."I am overwhelmed that Sonia Gandhi has kept the issue of Ganga separate from politics and given me time. She read out portions from a book by Jawaharlal Nehru and told me that her family has faith in Ganga. She has assured me that she will talk to the Prime Minister and Ramesh regarding my demands, and also ask them to meet me."

Uma firebrand BJP leader said though the government announced formation of the Ganga Basin Authority,but nothing much is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog